Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Coming along

The Philadelphia Inquirer has an interesting article about the efficacy of classicl music downloads.  The article mainly says what has been said before - downloads are good for emerging artists, more profitable, allow for a deeper catalog and are of middling quality (for some). 


As I may have pointed out, I came to downloads and iPods rather recently.  For me it was economics.  How could I not pass up the chance to download about 11 cd's worth of music a month from the Naxos, BIS, Danacord, Harmonia Mundi France, LSO Live, and other labels for a mere $25.00 a month?   A year in, I have amassed a nice digital collection that compliments my cd collection.  And, listening to music on an iPod or through my computer isn't as bad as I thought it would have been. 


Powered by Qumana


No comments: